Time to pack up the pencils, color-coded folders and these healthy snack recipes for your aspiring stars.
You know what youngsters eat does make a difference. So does Pediatrician Dr. Sears: “Food impacts how well a child’s brain works, affecting their moods and abilities. Smart foods, however, allow information to be processed correctly and help the child function at their optimal level.”
Inspired by Dr. Sears, some of our favorite nut-free bloggers and creative moms who share their healthy snack recipes. We focused on nut-free school snacks for kids that will:
- Give kids the right kinds of fuel for the rest of their day
- Keep fresh until the afternoon
- Not cause major stess for snack-packing parents
- Also make a hearty after school snack (in case it comes home in the backpack)
Our A+ lineup of nut-free, healthy snack recipes
- SunButter on whole wheat bread – cut into a star, heart or other shape
- Rolled-up tortilla spread with SunButter and honey or SunButter and sliced bananas
- Unsweetened applesauce + a sprinkle of cinnamon
- SunButter no-bake energy bites
- Hardboiled egg (get creative and draw on the shell!)
- SunButter pumpkin bread
Another tip: Combine several of these for healthy lunches for kids!
We’d love to hear your nut-free, healthy snack recipes, too. Please share–and take care!
The Women's Health pros went to the supermarket and developed their list of the 125 best packaged foods for women. Can we brag a little? SunButter Natural No-Stir Creamy made the list! To celebrate, we'll send a free Snack Pack and SunButter coupon to the first 125 people who comment on this post!
One of the most shared recipes from our online recipe box these last few weeks is Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice Treats Topped with SunButter! We originally got the recipe from Food Blogger Heather at Gluten-FreeCat.com, and we're spreading the sunshine by sharing it here.