Custom Energy Bars
1/2 Cup agave syrup
1/4 Cup honey
3/4 Cup granulated sugar (raw, demerara, or light brown)
3/4 Cup SunButter
Blueberry, Chocolate & Flax Seed Energy Bars
2/3 Cup dried blueberries
1/2 Cup chocolate chips
1/2 Cup flax seed
3 Cups Kashi Nuggest (or Grapenuts) cereal
Tropical Energy Bars
2/3 cup roasted & salted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped dried papaya
3 cups Kashi Nuggets (or Grapenuts) cereal
- Bring the basic binding syrup to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1 minute: agave syrup, honey and sugar.
- Stir in 3/4 Sunbutter, and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (approximately 4 cups of cereal, nuts, spices, dried fruit, etc.) in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
- Press the mixture into a parchment-lined 9 x 13″ pan and let cool.
- When cool, cut into bars and individually wrap with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Recipe from Midwestern Exposure, check out her blog!
Back to All Recipes